Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Belize - 5.10

After about a week in the country I would be comfortable saying Belize is home to the friendliest people in the world.  I am also completely blown away by the beauty. The landscape, the colors, everything is so vibrant.


We spent our first day in Belize City. Going into the city I had some pretty low expectations. The city has a rough reputation. I was pleasantly surprised.  In my Mexico/Central American travels there is on thing that seems to be ever-present… garbage… everywhere. Belize is different. The streets are relatively clean and people obviously take pride in the beauty of their home.




We spent a couple of days on the beach down near Punta Gorda, in the southern region of Belize. The beaches are spectacular… coarse white sand beaches and crystal blue warm water, damn near heaven.







We headed into the jungle for a couple of days and I have come out with a new appreciation for 100% Deet bug spray. The bugs here are straight out of Jurassic Park… huge… and they want to eat you… all of you… 




Mayan ruins at Lamani - 


A few pictures… It’s been super busy and I am embarrassed by the selection I have to share. 





Spider monkeys are not as friendly as they look.


Next stop... Guatemala. Better pictures to come.

Adios,
K-

No comments:

Post a Comment