Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rosaria De La Frontera, Argentina 10.28

Best day of the trip so far. The weather here is just like Los Angeles, sunny and dry, which is a nice change from wet and humid Panama.


We started the day off shooting with some dudes at the local dump. Words cannot describe the smell... unbelievable. 


We were invited to a ranch for lunch and some local entertainment. This dude prepared the most amazing meal on the hood of his beautiful 66 jeep.



We had locally raised Argentinean steak, chorizo and wine.





Lunch entertainment




For dessert, the man sitting next to me pulled out a bag full of coca leaves and handed me a fist full… it would have been rude to turn him down so…



After lunch we shot interviews around the ranch and tired to rope some cattle with zero success. I got to spend the afternoon shooting while riding a dirt bike. It was a total blast. I dropped my camera at lunch today and it did not survive. Going to have to pick up a new one in Buenos Aires in 2 days.

3 comments:

  1. looks like fun!!!

    i would die if i had to do what you're doing. what would i eat!?!??!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMmmmmm car meat. I read that in Argentina, they consume more red meat per capita than any other country by a huge margin. The wine part sounds good though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I had to look up "Coca leaves" in Wikipedia to figure out what is was. Thats how cool I am.

    ReplyDelete