Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Panama City 10.17 through 10.20


I am behind so I am going to combine the last couple of days. 

Made it back to Panama City, bummed to have left Santa Catalina, I will return. Panama city is a strange place. The contrast between the rich and poor is bizarre.  There are huge beautiful 100 story buildings with penthouse suites that cost upwards of a million dollars with slums erected from scraps in the lot next door. The canal obviously plays a huge roll in the economy and the affluence in the city. No other central american country that I have been to has this dynamic. The exchange rate is even with the USD... no real deals here in the city. 

We went into Cerra Azul which is a low income neighborhood outside the city. Met some really nice kids who showed us around. 

This is our ridiculous bus that we are using around town for the show. Covered in the most bizarre airbrushed artwork.  
My new BFF Moses. 

Cerra Azul



Amazing birthday dinner for one of our producers in Panama City.

Inside our bus.

Going to find a Dodger fan in every country.



The Panama Canal brings in two million dollars a day for the city of panama. The average ship pays a  $30,000 toll to cross. 


We took these boats 45 minutes across this lake in the dark to shoot in the creepiest cave filled with all sorts of creatures, scorpions, snakes, and thousands of bats. 

I have to get a root canal here in panama on friday. In some serious pain. Will update you all on that. I am sure it will be sketchy. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey there Bro - I love reading your blog and seeing all the pictures. I'm sorry about the root canal...makes me shudder just to think about it. I have some exciting news - you are going to have a NEPHEW!! We just found out yesterday and are really excited. Just thought i'd pass on the good news. Ava cried when she found out b/c she only wants a sister - she's slowly coming around. Be safe and keep posting - talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!!! a nephew!!! congrats everyone!

    kyle, your pics are so fun! you should take a dodger hat to all the countries just to make people put it on!

    p.s. i got the job!!!

    ReplyDelete