Sunday, November 21, 2010

Limassol, Cyprus 11.21

We arrived in Cyprus yesterday to find that 14 of our 28 bags didn't make it with us (yes the 8 of us travel with 28 bags). Guess who's personal bag was one of those 14 that didn't make it. We had the evening off and went out for Greek food (wearing the same clothes that I had been wearing for 2 days). We had some of the best red snapper I have ever tasted. In true fashion of this trip we have seen so much in a very short amount of time. We are here for another 4 days so I am looking forward to really getting a taste for this place and maybe getting a little shut eye. It is tough to juggle free time because when we are not working (which isn't often) all I want to do is sleep, but I can't let myself because there is so much to see. I guess I will sleep when we get back from Antarctica in January. 

A few so far...








Gabe and I in the "Tomb of the Kings" 


More tombs 


Waiting for the show to being in the amphitheater.


I touched the Mediterranean for the first time yesterday. The color is stunning, and the water temp is perfect at around 75 degrees. We get 2 days off for thanksgiving and our local guide is going to take us snorkeling and surfing. Who knew there is surf in the med??


Little hillside village in the mountains about a 2 hour drive from Limassol.

We are off to Ayia Napa which is supposed to be a super fun vacation town with a ton of great restaurants and bars... don't see any sleep in my future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment