Friday, October 22, 2010

Colon District, Panama 10.21

We spent the day with the Embera tribe in the Colon district of Panama. Such a fun day. We were brought to the village which was in the middle of the jungle by a dugout longboat. The boat was made from the dug out trunk of a huge tree. Pretty funny sight to see these guys dressed in their customary garb in a traditional longboat with a 50 horse power engine mounted on the back... guess they are getting lazy.

We had an amazing welcoming party and the most adorable childern took our hands and lead us down the path to their village. These people were so friendly and welcoming. They preformed some of their ritual dances for us and took us on a tour of their village.

I was too busy working/puking (I have come down with a pretty nasty stomach bug) to take pictures of the village but I will try to grab some from another crew member to share with you guys. Here are some pictures of the boats and the most adorable girls ever.









I spent the morning at the dentist here in Panama City trying to communicate in my broken spanish the horrible pain I have been having in the back of my mouth... turns out that a piece of bone from my wisdom teeth surgery 10 years ago decided to push its way to the surface at this convenient time in my life. I had minor surgery to remove the bone fragment. It went wonderfully and only cost $150 dollars! I have some stitches in my gums but it feels so much better.

Last day in Panama. Off to Argentina tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment